Every year, the holidays are a time for great fun, friends, and food, but we thought it's also important to remember the men and women that make extraordinary sacrifices so the rest of us can enjoy our lives. However, for the 130,000 military servicemen and women stationed in 150 countries around the world, holidays can be a time of unfamiliarity, loneliness, and missing family. So it makes it even more special when a father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister or just friend can return home, whether for the holidays or just to surprise their loved ones.
As a huge "Thank You" to the men and women who sacrifice so much for us so far away from home, we wanted to bring you these ten heartwarming military surprise homecomings.
We wish we could bring all the brave men and women of the U.S. military home for the holidays so they could spend time with their loved ones, but short of that, we can celebrate these joyous and emotional homecomings caught on video.
Get the tissues ready, hugged your loved ones, and enjoy!
1. This military family is reunited with their dad who has been away 40 months in 4 separate deployments.
2. Wife and daughter reuniting with husband after a 7+ month deployment. One of the happiest moments of their life!
3. Cutest surprise for soldier homecoming on Veterans Day at Seahawks game.
4. Surprise homecoming for military mom-to-be.
5. After being in Afghanistan for 6 months, a soldier gives a surprise SCUBA homecoming to his family!
6. Soldier surprises daughter in class at her school - one of the BEST reactions!
7. Little girl's priceless reaction to her dad's homecoming will leave you in tears!
8. Soldier surprises family at Blackhawks game.
9. Military dad surprises his daughter during her college graduation ceremony.
10. Soldier receives police escort to surprise his kids in time for Christmas!