1. "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
2. "People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy."
3. "Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
4. "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
5. "The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus."
6. "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."
7. "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."
-Henry David Thoreau
8. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."
-John D. Rockefeller
9. "There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed."
10. "If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary."
11. "All progress takes place outside the comfort zone."
-Michael John Bobak
12. "I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--It is: Try to please everybody."
-Herbert Bayard Swope
13. "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that other throw at him."
14. -David Brinkley
15. "Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember--the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you."
16. "The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well."
-John D. Rockefeller Jr.
17. “Time is the friend of the wonderful business, the enemy of the mediocre.”
18. "Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value."
19. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.”
20. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.”
21. “When you delve deep enough, you find that practically every great fortune and great enterprise in America has sprung from the courage enterprise of some individuals.”
22. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.”
23. “Stay self-funded as long as possible.”
24. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.”
-Sir Richard Branson
25. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
26. “Any business plan won’t survive its first encounter with reality. The reality will always be different. It will never be the plan.”
27. “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.”
28. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone. Know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.”
29. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”
30. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
31. “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.”
32. “In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later.”
-Harold S. Geneen
33. “Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can't miss.”
34. “Ideas pull the trigger, but instinct loads the gun.”
35. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
36. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
37. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman - not the attitude of the prospect.”
-W. Clement Stone
38. “One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.”
-Arnold H. Glasow
39. “I want to put a ding in the universe.”
40. “People are definitely a company's greatest asset. It doesn't make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps.”
-Mary Kay Ash
41. “Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.”
-Gary Ryan Blair
42. “Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.”
43. “Profit in business comes from repeat customers, customers that boast about your project or service, and that bring friends with them.”
-W. Edwards Deming
44. “Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work.”
45. “It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference.”
46. “Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer knows the propensity to dream, the urge to make dreams come true and the tendency to miss lunch.”
47. “Punctuality is one of the cardinal business virtues: always insist on it in your subordinates.”
48. “I am certainly not one of those who need to be prodded. In fact, if anything, I am the prod.”
49. “The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.”
50. “Markets change, tastes change, so the companies and the individuals who choose to compete in those markets must change.”